The production centre for the Turkish defence industry was founded in the capital city of Turkey. Ankara Aerospace Industrial zone will be completed in 2022 and it will be the capital of high technology production and export.
160 companies will be able to operate in the centre established in an area of 7 million square meters. Over 20 thousand people will be employed at the centre, which will be completed in 2022.
The President of Defense Industries Ismail Demir stated that “This place will be the heart of Ankara and Turkey’s aerospace industries. In terms of manufacturing technology, the area will be a centre of excellence. Some companies have already begun their activities.”
All links of the chain related to Turkish aviation and space technologies will be gathered at this centre. The centre, which will be the base of the defence industry, is of great interest for the leading companies of the world, as well as the Turkish companies, have taken action to have a place in the centre.
“The centre will have a significant place in the world, and it will be appealing for global companies as well. The environment of the centre will create an atmosphere for scientific and technological inventions and will open new gates for the Turkish companies to open up to the world,” he noted.
If you would like to read more news about Turkey please visit our blog page.
- Tesla is Hiring in Turkey
- Turkey Ranked First in Gaming Startup Investments
- The Russia-Ukraine War’s Effect on the Global Economy
- Waterless Washing Machine by LG Electronics Inc.
- IKEA is Moving Its Production to Turkey
- Turkish Furniture Industry
- The Chemical Industry in Turkey
- Exports of Automotive and Machinery Increased in Turkey
- The Latest Investments Made in Turkey
- The First Decacorn of Turkey
- 10 Turkish Startups are Becoming Unicorns
- Turkey’s Exports in June 2021
- 110.000 Jobs Created by Renewable Energy Projects in Turkey
- Dream Games Raised $155 Million Investment
- Hepsiburada: The First Turkish Company on Nasdaq
- 7 Technology Giants are Investing in Turkey
- Sinovac Granted the License to Turkey for COVID-19 Vaccine Production
- Joint Investment Opportunities of SOCAR and Turkish Petroleum
- Container Crisis’ Effects on Turkish Foreign Trade
- How to be an Angel Investor in Turkey?