Antalya, one of the most touristic cities of Turkey broke a visit record in 2019! The Turkish Ministry of Culture and Tourism shared data on the number of foreign tourists coming to Turkey between January and September 2019. So not only Antalya but also almost all cities around Turkey welcome tourists from different countries. More than 41.5 million tourists visited Turkey in the first nine months of 2019.
With 15,644,108 tourists welcomed in 2019, the seaside city of Antalya, in southern Turkey, breaks an all-time record among all the other cities of Turkey.
The Governor of Antalya Province, Munir Karaloglu, reported that in 2019, the tourism sector in the region recorded significant growth. “In 2019, 15,644,108 tourists arrived in our province from Antalya and Gazipasa airports, as well as by land and sea. This trend will continue in 2020,” he assured.
In September, 5,426,818 foreign tourists chose Turkey as a destination for their trips, an increase of 13.23% compared to September 2018.
Turkey received 41,564,536 tourists between January and September 2019, including 36,428,212 foreign tourists, after an increase of 14.5% compared to the same period last year. This tourist attendance generated, in this 9-month period, 26.64 billion dollars in revenues.
Russian tourists were the most numerous in September (+14.7% compared to the same month in 2018). Next came the Germans (+6%), followed by the British (+9.64%). Between January and September, Russians also came in the first place, with an increase of +15.28% compared to the same period in 2018.
In addition, to Antalya, Istanbul, and Edirne were the Turkish cities from which the most entries were made and contributed to the visit record of 2019.
To read more news and articles about Turkey please visit our blog page.
- Umbrella Company / PEO Services in Turkey
- Trends in supply chains during Covid-19 in Turkey
- Covid-19 – The Beginning of a New Era!
- Sourcing in Turkey After Covid-19
- The Development of Technical Textile in Turkey
- Textile Industry in Turkey in 2020
- The Pharmaceutical Industry in Turkey – 2
- The Pharmaceutical Industry in Turkey – 1
- The Rising Industries After Covid-19 in Turkey
- How to protect yourself against the new coronavirus?
- Electric Car Production in Turkey
- Ankara will be the capital for the Turkish defence industry
- Turkish furniture sector is set to enlarge its world-wide presence
- Chinese Geely to produce a ‘virus-free’ car
- Major Turkish Construction Companies
- The Construction Industry in Turkey in 2020
- How can Coronavirus Spread Impact Global Business?
- Fairs in Turkey in February 2020
- Over 84,000 New Companies Founded in Turkey in 2019
- KOSGEB Supports Turkish Women Entrepreneurs