Construction of the car factory for electric car production would start in May 2020 in Bursa
The Managing Director of the TOGG Group, consisting of the companies Kök, BMC, Zorlu, Turkcell and Anadolu Group, stated that construction of the Turkish electric vehicle plant would start in May 2020 in the province from Bursa to start electric car production. The objective is to start mass production in 2022 with an annual capacity of 175,000 units and produce one million electric vehicles a year by 2032. He also indicated that the company was in discussion with the German engineering company EDAG as a technology partner for integration vehicles.
Turkey will have 4 hybrid vehicle production plants by the end of 2020
The first production of hybrid vehicles in Turkey dates back to 2016 with Toyota’s C-HR in Sakarya in the Marmara region. Oyak Renault will produce hybrid engines in Bursa beginning from 2020. Ford Otosan manufactures The PHEV Transit Custom PHEV Plug-in Hybrid Electric Utility Vehicles (PHEVs) in its facilities from Gölcük to Kocaeli. Finally, Hyundai Assan plans to start production of a new model of hybrid vehicles (i20) in the last quarter of 2020, followed by the hybrid engine of the B-SUV model in 2021.
Will there be more than one million electric vehicles in Turkey by 2030?
The Ministry of Energy and Natural Resources predicts that by 2030, more than one million electric vehicles will be in use in Turkey and that sales of electric and plug-in hybrid vehicles will reach 55% of total sales of vehicles. The ministry announced that it is evaluating the impact of the deployment of one million load points on the network of the country’s electricity distribution system before starting the electric car production in Turkey.
- 10 Ongoing Mega Projects Of Turkey In 2020
- Umbrella Company / PEO Services in Turkey
- Trends in supply chains during Covid-19 in Turkey
- Covid-19 – The Beginning of a New Era!
- Sourcing in Turkey After Covid-19
- The Development of Technical Textile in Turkey
- Textile Industry in Turkey in 2020
- The Pharmaceutical Industry in Turkey – 2
- The Pharmaceutical Industry in Turkey – 1
- The Rising Industries After Covid-19 in Turkey
- How to protect yourself against the new coronavirus?
- Electric Car Production in Turkey
- Ankara will be the capital for the Turkish defence industry
- Turkish furniture sector is set to enlarge its world-wide presence
- Chinese Geely to produce a ‘virus-free’ car
- Major Turkish Construction Companies
- The Construction Industry in Turkey in 2020
- How can Coronavirus Spread Impact Global Business?
- Fairs in Turkey in February 2020
- Over 84,000 New Companies Founded in Turkey in 2019