Construction of the car factory for electric car production would start in May 2020 in Bursa
The Managing Director of the TOGG Group, consisting of the companies Kök, BMC, Zorlu, Turkcell and Anadolu Group, stated that construction of the Turkish electric vehicle plant would start in May 2020 in the province from Bursa to start electric car production. The objective is to start mass production in 2022 with an annual capacity of 175,000 units and produce one million electric vehicles a year by 2032. He also indicated that the company was in discussion with the German engineering company EDAG as a technology partner for integration vehicles.
Turkey will have 4 hybrid vehicle production plants by the end of 2020
The first production of hybrid vehicles in Turkey dates back to 2016 with Toyota’s C-HR in Sakarya in the Marmara region. Oyak Renault will produce hybrid engines in Bursa beginning from 2020. Ford Otosan manufactures The PHEV Transit Custom PHEV Plug-in Hybrid Electric Utility Vehicles (PHEVs) in its facilities from Gölcük to Kocaeli. Finally, Hyundai Assan plans to start production of a new model of hybrid vehicles (i20) in the last quarter of 2020, followed by the hybrid engine of the B-SUV model in 2021.
Will there be more than one million electric vehicles in Turkey by 2030?
The Ministry of Energy and Natural Resources predicts that by 2030, more than one million electric vehicles will be in use in Turkey and that sales of electric and plug-in hybrid vehicles will reach 55% of total sales of vehicles. The ministry announced that it is evaluating the impact of the deployment of one million load points on the network of the country’s electricity distribution system before starting the electric car production in Turkey.
- The Russia-Ukraine War’s Effect on the Global Economy
- Waterless Washing Machine by LG Electronics Inc.
- IKEA is Moving Its Production to Turkey
- Turkish Furniture Industry
- The Chemical Industry in Turkey
- Exports of Automotive and Machinery Increased in Turkey
- The Latest Investments Made in Turkey
- The First Decacorn of Turkey
- 10 Turkish Startups are Becoming Unicorns
- Turkey’s Exports in June 2021
- 110.000 Jobs Created by Renewable Energy Projects in Turkey
- Dream Games Raised $155 Million Investment
- Hepsiburada: The First Turkish Company on Nasdaq
- 7 Technology Giants are Investing in Turkey
- Sinovac Granted the License to Turkey for COVID-19 Vaccine Production
- Joint Investment Opportunities of SOCAR and Turkish Petroleum
- Container Crisis’ Effects on Turkish Foreign Trade
- How to be an Angel Investor in Turkey?
- Turkish Start-up Ecosystem is Promising
- The Best Time to Purchase a Boat