The coronavirus, with its new given name Covid-19, has become one of the major problems of the world within the last couple of weeks. The disease first diagnosed in China and then spread to almost every country around the world. As of 19.03.2020, there have been 227.310 confirmed cases, and 84.532 of them recovered while unfortunately 9.311 of them lost their lives.*
The good news is it is not so difficult to protect yourself and your family from the coronavirus. You only need to take some simple precautions which are pretty effective!
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, but please do not forget to turn off the tap while using the soap!
- Cover your mouth and nose with disposable wipes when you cough or sneeze and use the inside of the elbow if there are no wipes nearby.
- Keep a distance of 3 to 4 steps from people with cold or flu symptoms.
- Cancel or postpone your planned stays/business trips abroad.
- Ventilate your room/house or office environment frequently.
- Clean frequently used surfaces, such as door handles, light fixtures, sinks, with water and detergent daily.
- Wash your clothes with regular detergent at 60-90 ° C.
- Avoid close contact with people (shaking hands with others, hugging, etc.).
- If you have symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, wear a mask and contact a health care professional.
- If you have cold symptoms, avoid contact with the elderly, and chronic patients, do not go outside without wearing a mask.
- Avoid touching the eyes, mouth and nose with your hands.
- Do not share any personal items (including hygiene items such as towels) in common.
- Stay at home for the first 14 days when you return from abroad.
- Drink lots of fluids, eat a balanced diet, and pay attention to your sleep patterns.
As you see, the precautions are very simple and highly protective. Please pay attention to each one of them until the outbreak is over! Scientists from every country are working on stopping the virus spreading and curing the people who already have it. We can only help them by protecting ourselves and people around us only by following these simple rules.
- The Russia-Ukraine War’s Effect on the Global Economy
- Waterless Washing Machine by LG Electronics Inc.
- IKEA is Moving Its Production to Turkey
- Turkish Furniture Industry
- The Chemical Industry in Turkey
- Exports of Automotive and Machinery Increased in Turkey
- The Latest Investments Made in Turkey
- The First Decacorn of Turkey
- 10 Turkish Startups are Becoming Unicorns
- Turkey’s Exports in June 2021
- 110.000 Jobs Created by Renewable Energy Projects in Turkey
- Dream Games Raised $155 Million Investment
- Hepsiburada: The First Turkish Company on Nasdaq
- 7 Technology Giants are Investing in Turkey
- Sinovac Granted the License to Turkey for COVID-19 Vaccine Production
- Joint Investment Opportunities of SOCAR and Turkish Petroleum
- Container Crisis’ Effects on Turkish Foreign Trade
- How to be an Angel Investor in Turkey?
- Turkish Start-up Ecosystem is Promising
- The Best Time to Purchase a Boat