The Administration for the Development and Support of Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (KOSGEB) provided a total of 1 billion 5 million 363 thousand 551 TL between the years 2015-2019 to 55.046 enterprises owned by Turkish women entrepreneurs.
According to the information collected from the KOSGEB data for the year 2020, the institution has intensified its efforts to increase women’s participation in the workforce. There has been a significant increase in the support provided in the entrepreneurship of women.
The President of the KOSGEB, Professor Uzkurt, said that by 2018, they had provided almost 220 million Turkish liras of entrepreneurship support to 11,000 women entrepreneurs. Thus those 11,000 women started their businesses.
He said that many women entrepreneurs developed their businesses in a short time with the support of KOSGEB, and some of them even started importing abroad. At this point, the President of KOSGEB stressed the importance of their support to women entrepreneurs as women entrepreneurs have countless success stories in their support.
The total amount of support for women entrepreneurs, reached to 57.933.100 TL in 2015, increased five times in 5 years and reached 298.285.791 TL by the end of 2019.
The number of businesses owned by women entrepreneurs receiving support has also increased three times in 5 years. While this number was 5.681 in 2015, it rose to 14.978 in 2019.
Within the framework of the KOSGEB support programs, a total of 1.363,000,551 TL was granted to 55.046 enterprises owned by women entrepreneurs in the period 2015-2019, which will be more in 2020.
If you would like to read more news about Turkey you can visit our blog page.
- 10 Ongoing Mega Projects Of Turkey In 2020
- Umbrella Company / PEO Services in Turkey
- Trends in supply chains during Covid-19 in Turkey
- Covid-19 – The Beginning of a New Era!
- Sourcing in Turkey After Covid-19
- The Development of Technical Textile in Turkey
- Textile Industry in Turkey in 2020
- The Pharmaceutical Industry in Turkey – 2
- The Pharmaceutical Industry in Turkey – 1
- The Rising Industries After Covid-19 in Turkey
- How to protect yourself against the new coronavirus?
- Electric Car Production in Turkey
- Ankara will be the capital for the Turkish defence industry
- Turkish furniture sector is set to enlarge its world-wide presence
- Chinese Geely to produce a ‘virus-free’ car
- Major Turkish Construction Companies
- The Construction Industry in Turkey in 2020
- How can Coronavirus Spread Impact Global Business?
- Fairs in Turkey in February 2020
- Over 84,000 New Companies Founded in Turkey in 2019