The Administration for the Development and Support of Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (KOSGEB) provided a total of 1 billion 5 million 363 thousand 551 TL between the years 2015-2019 to 55.046 enterprises owned by Turkish women entrepreneurs.
According to the information collected from the KOSGEB data for the year 2020, the institution has intensified its efforts to increase women’s participation in the workforce. There has been a significant increase in the support provided in the entrepreneurship of women.
The President of the KOSGEB, Professor Uzkurt, said that by 2018, they had provided almost 220 million Turkish liras of entrepreneurship support to 11,000 women entrepreneurs. Thus those 11,000 women started their businesses.
He said that many women entrepreneurs developed their businesses in a short time with the support of KOSGEB, and some of them even started importing abroad. At this point, the President of KOSGEB stressed the importance of their support to women entrepreneurs as women entrepreneurs have countless success stories in their support.
The total amount of support for women entrepreneurs, reached to 57.933.100 TL in 2015, increased five times in 5 years and reached 298.285.791 TL by the end of 2019.
The number of businesses owned by women entrepreneurs receiving support has also increased three times in 5 years. While this number was 5.681 in 2015, it rose to 14.978 in 2019.
Within the framework of the KOSGEB support programs, a total of 1.363,000,551 TL was granted to 55.046 enterprises owned by women entrepreneurs in the period 2015-2019, which will be more in 2020.
If you would like to read more news about Turkey you can visit our blog page.
- Tesla is Hiring in Turkey
- Turkey Ranked First in Gaming Startup Investments
- The Russia-Ukraine War’s Effect on the Global Economy
- Waterless Washing Machine by LG Electronics Inc.
- IKEA is Moving Its Production to Turkey
- Turkish Furniture Industry
- The Chemical Industry in Turkey
- Exports of Automotive and Machinery Increased in Turkey
- The Latest Investments Made in Turkey
- The First Decacorn of Turkey
- 10 Turkish Startups are Becoming Unicorns
- Turkey’s Exports in June 2021
- 110.000 Jobs Created by Renewable Energy Projects in Turkey
- Dream Games Raised $155 Million Investment
- Hepsiburada: The First Turkish Company on Nasdaq
- 7 Technology Giants are Investing in Turkey
- Sinovac Granted the License to Turkey for COVID-19 Vaccine Production
- Joint Investment Opportunities of SOCAR and Turkish Petroleum
- Container Crisis’ Effects on Turkish Foreign Trade
- How to be an Angel Investor in Turkey?