QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
We are looking for a “FINANCE AND ACCOUNTING MANAGER” for one of our clients (%100 foreign capital), operating all around the world with a world-class product portfolio to provide excellence in construction, paint and coatings, precious metals mining industries. The company is specialized in innovative specialty chemicals.
Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree from 4-year Business Administration / Economics / Finance department
- 10+ years of work experience, in a similar position within multinational company (preferably in specialty chemicals industry)
- Strong accounting, finance and tax background with good understanding of local law (especially tax laws) and accounting standards.
- Vast knowledge of all local tax regulations, local GAAP, IFRS and IAS
- Strong analytical skills with a very careful attention to detail in every step of operation and analysis,
- IT literate – SAP knowledge is a priority, excellent MS Excel knowledge, familiarity with any integrated business analysis tool is a strong plus (SAP BI/cognos/essbase/hyperionetc).
- Preferably holding a CPA or Sworn-in CPA license
- Ability to work independently, as well as communicating with regional offices.
- Detail-oriented, proactive professional with solid interpersonal skills.
- Must be willing to take on a hands-on role. Flexible to change and used to working in an international environment.
- Fluent in English and native in Turkish.
- Ensure proper financial transactions aligned with Group accounting standards and local rules/legislations
- Review monthly, quarterly and yearly closing activities
- Ensure compliance with tax, legal and regulatory matters,
- Internal and external reporting
- Make sure about proper import and export accounting, e-invoice and e-ledger transactions
- Regulatory reporting
- Communication with external auditors, tax consultants, tax office and other institutions
- Managing Bank Relations together with Regional Finance and Group Treasury
- Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures
- Supporting business and other departments in accounting and financial topics
- Assisting Regional GS Head and Regional Finance Manager on relevant topics.
- Lead the preparation and timely filing of tax returns in compliance with Turkish regulations,
- Capable of communicating precisely and effectively with internal stakeholders up to GM level.
- Organize and execute collection of accounts receivables and propose actions to improve the system,
- Responsible for the timely compilation of the monthly and annual closings including the communication of the closing timetable within the organization.
- General accounting incl. payables, receivables, fixed assets, salaries, staff and travel expenses and cost accruals;
- Payroll/social insurance and pension with support from payroll company;
- Liquidity planning and reporting and cash flow management;
- Assist in Preparation of management analysis, sales reports and other ad hoc management reports; Tax and other local compliances;
- Taking the time to identify and implement opportunities for process improvement and efficiency;