Job Title: Piping Designer
Type of employment: Indefinite Term Employment Contract
Location: -Kadıköy, Istanbul with the ability to work in “Home Office” mode.
We are looking for a Piping Designer for our client VISTA PROJECTS. The company is an integrated industrial engineering firm that helps clients navigate the digital transformation of their projects and operations. VISTA PROJECTS proven project execution process is based on a “single source of truth” model that eliminates the potential for inefficient engineering designs, cost overruns and project completion delays.
The Piping Designer will work within the Piping Design Team and will work closely with Vista’s Design team to execute multi-disciplinary, industrial projects.
The role will include:
- Producing complicated drawings and charts in a specialized field, involving planning, layout, bill of materials, etc. for major installations
- Designing and detailing new components from previous designs based on engineering instructions, government and regulatory codes and client standardsTrouble-shoot and solve application challenges
- Developing designs of limited scope and complexity requiring theoretical and practical design knowledge in a specialized field
- Assisting field forces during construction
- Checking the work of, and assisting in the training of, less experienced drafting and design personnel
- Reporting progress of work assignments to immediate supervisor
- Analyzing design elements for potential trends, technical feasibility, and client or contractual requirements
- Ensuring all drawings and materials are in accordance with Vista specifications and standards;
- Being able to meet safety requirements to attend site visits
- Performing other duties as requested
The successful candidate core set of skills will leverage to be able to grow and learn from other experienced team members.
General Qualifications and Experience
- At least two (2) years of progressive experience in facilities engineering and design in the oil and gas industry
- Technical school certification / degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team including process, mechanical, civilstructural, electrical, instrumentation, and piping
- Advanced computer skills and experience in major drafting and design software (such as Auto CAD, CADWorx, SmartPlant, AutoPLANT and PDMS)
- Basic understanding of applicable government regulations and regulatory codes
- Excellent communication skills (interpersonal and written) and proven ability to collaborate with team members in a multi-discipline environment
- Strong organizational skills, technical competence and attention to detail
- Develop 3D models for simple systems under the guidance of a senior or lead designer
- Interface with other engineering disciplines to incorporate design elements and vendor data such as equipment location, piping routing, structural steel, foundations, cable trays, inline instrumentation, etc.
- Assist the lead or senior designer with facilitating model reviews and documenting minutes for follow up
- Generate isometrics, general arrangements and MTOs from models
- Assist a lead or senior designer with plot plans, key plans and equipment location plans
- Five (5) years of experience in a designer capacity, ideally with a focus in thermal heavy
- Deadline for receipt of applications: 01/10/2021
- Please send your CV in English to [email protected]