In most countries of the world, men are more likely to belong to the labour market than women. Nevertheless, these gender differences in participation rates have narrowed considerably in recent decades. When we take a look at Turkey, we see that in the last two years, a total of TL 8 billion in loans at favourable rates have been granted to women entrepreneurs. Turkey Promotes Female Labour Force
Through the state-owned banks, the Turkish authorities have granted more than 8 billion TL in loans to women entrepreneurs in the last two years. Around 80.000 women managers of small and medium-sized enterprises have been provided with interest-free loans for amounts below 50.000 TL and at low rates for amounts up to 300.000 TL.
For several years, the Turkish authorities have been pursuing a policy aimed at increasing the number of women in the labour market. Between 2005 and 2017, the labour force participation rate of the female population aged 15-64 increased by 12 points to 37.6%. The Government intends to continue this trend and has set itself the goal of reaching 41% by 2023. Turkey Promotes Female Labour Force
Along with Turkish government support, many countries are encouraging women to take place in the labour force. Here is a map that shows the ratio of female to male labour force participation rates in 2017. Since then the rates have been increasing in many countries around the world.
As ERAI Turkey, our team also mostly consists of female employees which can be accepted as positive discrimination. We would like to support you if you are interested in investing in Turkey and recommend you to take a look at our articles about how to set-up business in Turkey and you will see how easy to follow the eight steps to establish your company.
You can also check our page about recruitment services if you want to enter the Turkish market with fewer risks and we can find the most suitable candidate for you and deal with all the bureaucratic issues on your behalf so that your employee can start working for your business immediately. Turkey Promotes Female Labour Force
- Abdi Ibrahim Purchased OM Pharma’s Shares
- 44 Turkish Construction Companies are in the International Top 250 List
- 7 Turkish Defence Companies are in World’s Top 100 List
- Important Energy Companies in Turkey
- The Agriculture Industry in Turkey
- ENKA and TEKFEN Constructions’ New Projects Abroad
- 10 Ongoing Mega Projects Of Turkey In 2020
- Umbrella Company / PEO Services in Turkey
- Trends in supply chains during Covid-19 in Turkey
- Covid-19 – The Beginning of a New Era!
- Sourcing in Turkey After Covid-19
- The Development of Technical Textile in Turkey
- Textile Industry in Turkey in 2020
- The Pharmaceutical Industry in Turkey – 2
- The Pharmaceutical Industry in Turkey – 1
- The Rising Industries After Covid-19 in Turkey
- How to protect yourself against the new coronavirus?
- Electric Car Production in Turkey
- Ankara will be the capital for the Turkish defence industry
- Turkish furniture sector is set to enlarge its world-wide presence