In most countries of the world, men are more likely to belong to the labour market than women. Nevertheless, these gender differences in participation rates have narrowed considerably in recent decades. When we take a look at Turkey, we see that in the last two years, a total of TL 8 billion in loans at favourable rates have been granted to women entrepreneurs. Turkey Promotes Female Labour Force
Through the state-owned banks, the Turkish authorities have granted more than 8 billion TL in loans to women entrepreneurs in the last two years. Around 80.000 women managers of small and medium-sized enterprises have been provided with interest-free loans for amounts below 50.000 TL and at low rates for amounts up to 300.000 TL.
For several years, the Turkish authorities have been pursuing a policy aimed at increasing the number of women in the labour market. Between 2005 and 2017, the labour force participation rate of the female population aged 15-64 increased by 12 points to 37.6%. The Government intends to continue this trend and has set itself the goal of reaching 41% by 2023. Turkey Promotes Female Labour Force
Along with Turkish government support, many countries are encouraging women to take place in the labour force. Here is a map that shows the ratio of female to male labour force participation rates in 2017. Since then the rates have been increasing in many countries around the world.
As ERAI Turkey, our team also mostly consists of female employees which can be accepted as positive discrimination. We would like to support you if you are interested in investing in Turkey and recommend you to take a look at our articles about how to set-up business in Turkey and you will see how easy to follow the eight steps to establish your company.
You can also check our page about recruitment services if you want to enter the Turkish market with fewer risks and we can find the most suitable candidate for you and deal with all the bureaucratic issues on your behalf so that your employee can start working for your business immediately. Turkey Promotes Female Labour Force
- Interview: The Affect of Communication Management Consultancy (2)
- Interview: The Affect of Communication Management Consultancy (1)
- Tesla is Hiring in Turkey
- Turkey Ranked First in Gaming Startup Investments
- The Russia-Ukraine War’s Effect on the Global Economy
- Waterless Washing Machine by LG Electronics Inc.
- IKEA is Moving Its Production to Turkey
- Turkish Furniture Industry
- The Chemical Industry in Turkey
- Exports of Automotive and Machinery Increased in Turkey
- The Latest Investments Made in Turkey
- The First Decacorn of Turkey
- 10 Turkish Startups are Becoming Unicorns
- Turkey’s Exports in June 2021
- 110.000 Jobs Created by Renewable Energy Projects in Turkey
- Dream Games Raised $155 Million Investment
- Hepsiburada: The First Turkish Company on Nasdaq
- 7 Technology Giants are Investing in Turkey
- Sinovac Granted the License to Turkey for COVID-19 Vaccine Production
- Joint Investment Opportunities of SOCAR and Turkish Petroleum